Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I put together an email of interesting observations from a 96 Taurus long-term review Motor Trend did. Fittingly for the market segment, they did a consumer-reports style poll of owners. Some interesting results; definitely not what I would have expected from my time spent win a Taurus. Anyway, figured I'd post it here since it's at least decently interesting:

"63.2 percent awarded the Taurus excellent marks for performance and 62.5 percent bestowed similarly high praise in response to our fun-to-drive question. "
"over two thirds of our respondents gave their Taurus excellent marks for handling "
"This is the most fun car I've driven in a long time. It handles extremely well, has adequate engine power and a great sound system...just wish it had less road noise."
"prime on the wish lists for future upgrades ... more interior room."
"Operating cost/mile 7.5¢"
"Braking, 60-0 mph, ft 137"
"I would buy another Ford
96.7%
I would recommend the Taurus
95.9%"


Curiously....
What influenced you
To consider a Ford Taurus?
Looks/style 70.3%
Yet:
SPECIFIC LIKES
Styling 44.1%
Huh? 70.3% of taurus buyers considered a taurus for the styling...but only 44.1% liked the styling?


http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/oneyear/112_9708_1996_ford_taurus_lx/index.html

No comments: