Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Elevators

So, I'm at Adobe this summer after all. I'm still getting into the swing of things, figuring out my schedule, etc. It seems like I really do better on Eastern time; I'm just a lot more alert and ready for action in the morning. Anyway, this is going to be a quick post, and I'll probably be relatively busy this summer, so I probably won't be making any giant posts. However, the elevators in the Almaden building are probably the coolest ones I've seen. They light up which one you should wait next to right after you press a button, so no waiting on which one it'll be. You can press again to de-select a floor, too. Oh, and the door close button lights up when you press it. Not sure if it actually does anything; it never seems like door close buttons do, but at least this one pretends to.

Oh, and this morning, I accidentally went out an emergency exit. Apparently the stairs in the parking garage are emergency-only, and worse, they lock behind you. So the only way out is down. Once you hit the bottom, a motion detector sets off a speaker that says it's an emergency pathway, and to go back to the stairs and use the courtesy phone to call for instructions if it's not an emergency. Only problem is, there wasn't a phone. So...I exited anyway, and it set off an alarm, but fortunately, there was a nice security guard nearby. She really didn't seem as upset as I would have thought. I wonder if that's a common occurance. Definitely an exciting start to my morning. I thought about making that an FML, but the happy ending made me reconsider :D.

No comments: